Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer is almost over..

It's been over a month since I blogged because I suck at life. I've been busy between work and summer classes, probably busier than I will be this fall. This is what I've been up to this past month.

*I got a call to intern at MTV/VH1 this fall. I applied back in late winter this year and they just now got back to me. Unfortunately it's a little too late to make arrangements to live in NYC for 10 weeks (no time to save up and find housing and figure out job related matters since I wouldn't keep the one I have, already set up for fall, lease signed, etc.) I also got a call from Nickelodeon Studios in Burbank. WTF. Why can't they call at a reasonable time! Oh well.

*I finished up my Summer II classes.I got a B+ in Noir in Digital Culture (which turned out to be much more difficult than I hoped it would) and an A- in Video for Web 2.0.


*I went to a wedding for Nathan's best friend in the Chicago area. We were there for 3 days in the Gurnee area. It was fun.


*Went to Cincinnati for a couple days with some friends. We went to the Cincy Zoo and Newport Aquarium. Cincinnati is so blah. I would never want to live there. It was a beautiful afternoon and there was NO ONE out on the streets downtown. That's scary. We stayed at the Millennium hotel which was nice but not worth full price (we paid less than half through hotwire.com). I loved the Cincy Zoo - it's huge and they have a ton of cats. We did the penguin encounter too and got to meet three black footed penguins up close and touch them.




*Went to the state fair a couple times. The first time was with Michelle to go see the backstreet boys. It was freakin awesome. A lot of the people there were our age and obviously just aging fans from their hey-day because the older songs were much louder than the new ones. Everyone was so excited to be there. It was more fun than the last time I saw them even though it was severely scaled down. It was probably the loudest concert I've ever attended as well.

The second time was with some friends. It was a good night.


*I came down with a sinus infection this last week and have had lots of fun with that.

*I've been watching the Olympics nonstop. I love the Olympics. I like the idea of everyone coming to compete for the best in the world, even if I'm not an athlete personally. I like when they showcase non-superstars or favorites from tiny countries that have no chance but are competing anyway. There's such a variety of events that happen in two weeks and it's the only time I can watch gymnastics - I can never find it on any other time.

*I'm going to be volunteering at a local cat shelter. I'm going to do shelter tasks as well as do some video for them.

*I joined ChaCha and was accepted as an SMS Guide. That means when you text a question to 242242, I'm one of the people on the other end answering it. It's a lot of fun because you learn a lot of random stuff and you're allowed to add your own personal touch. There are a lot of retarded questions like 'Who is this person from this high school' which end up being funny because 9 times out of 10, you can find SOMETHING on that person. Just about everyone is on the internet in some way by now. I get paid 10 or 20 cents per question depending on accuracy and volume completed. The system has been funny the last two days but despite that I've managed to make $14. When it hits $100 it will load into my bank account :-D

*I also did a little bit of wedding related stuff. We booked our DJ and started collecting everyone's address. I also bought some ribbon. Productive.

So now I need to catch up on some other things while it's raining outside. I'm off until Monday, then I probably don't have a real whole day off for a while.

No comments: