Wednesday, April 9, 2008

interviews suck

So......we all hate this project. Not the final product I mean (my group hasn't even seen it yet), but this assignment. We all hate interviewing. It's the most boring thing imaginable. I wasn't able to be present at either of the interviewing shoots since my life is so busy right now, so I took on the task of editing. I kind of took a VH-1 sort of style to this video to make it bearable. Of course I only spent a couple hours on it (mostly looking for my camera cord to capture with) so I didn't emulate that style to the best of my ability, but it's not bad. I think the pacing is ok - slows down a bit in a couple spots because I was PMSing and didn't care - and I'm wondering how it'll be received in class. The whole purpose behind the project was the lighting and field production techniques behind these types of interviews and I think our shots were good.

Here it is on youtube. Let me know what you think. PS I think it's kind of on crack.

No comments: