Tuesday, February 26, 2008

random thoughts?

so i interviewed for an internship at a company in new york city. i would like to get it, it sounds really cool. the only issue would be housing (finding a sublet). nyc is so much more expensive than when I last researched it (when I was like 13) as expected. it's kind of frightening how expensive teeny tiny studio apartments can be ($90/day, $3000/month, that sort of thing). but i haven't looked too much into it because i don't really want to think about it unless i have to. i've been kind of lucky finding housing so far, so maybe i'd get lucky there.

i got a lot of good advice at this interview. the company is basically in times square, so that would be a trip.

i applied for a post production internship at NBC Universal too. The only post production position listed was for post production with Battlestar Galactica. If I was a post intern with BSG, I'd probably lose control of my intestinal track (upper and lower).

I had a weird thing happen tonight. I looked at my recent visitors to my portfolio website and noticed a company based in Emeryville, California was looking at my site just then. About 10 minutes later, I got a call on my cell phone from turnhere.com (based in Emeryville) asking to give them a call because they have shoots coming up in Indianapolis and they'd like to talk to me about working for them. I can remember applying to them because I think Diana and I both applied at the same time, but I can't remember when that was. I thought it was bizarre getting a call out of the blue. I will probably them back tomorrow and see what's up. When I applied I had nothing going on and now I have a tight schedule, so I might not be of use to them. Oh, turnhere recruits filmmakers across the country as freelancers - there wouldn't be any moving to work for them.

This career field is so crazy sometimes. Every once in a while I want to drop everything and get a degree in accounting. But then I remember how bored I would be.

No comments: