Friday, February 1, 2008

Spazzin out

I'm beginning to have a spaz attack about school.

I want to graduate in May 2009. No, I WILL graduate then. School is pointless and stupid and I want to leave and get a real job and make real money. I was looking at what I have left to do and getting spazzed out because it's a lot of stuff. If I take summer classes, I'll have 6-9 credit hours over the summer (including an on campus freaking class), 16 credit hours in the fall, and 17 credit hours in the spring. That's a LOT. The recommended (and minimum) amount for new media is 12. I'm doing 16 this semester and it's not bad. There are just a few things that concern me about this last year:

-The classes the last two semesters are offered at weird whatever times. Unlike in the beginning when almost all intro new media classes are offered 6-840, these are only offered maybe 3-430 twice a week, or 11-2 twice a week. This completely ruins the whole day for working or interning. So it looks like I won't be able to get any work hours in if I do all these classes, which means I'll be completely poor.
-If the classes that are offered at weird times conflict, I'm screwed because they are probably only offered in spring OR fall.
-I was looking at last year's offerings and two classes were not even listed on either semester. I hope they will add them for me, or I'll be stuck in school forever.
-I wanted to intern at at least one more place, like Road Pictures, but I doubt I'll have the time.
-17 credit hours during the last senior semester is insane considering I will also be working on my capstone. Great.

I don't want to be a 5 year student - I think 4 years is too long for this BS. I need to meet with my advisor and check to see if I really need to take all these classes, but I'm sure she'll try to tell me it's impossible to graduate in 2009. She can throw herself out the window because I'm registering for everything I possibly can.

No comments: